How to Transfer Domain to another GoDaddy Account [Step by Step Process]
GoDaddy is one of the most popular, well-known domain name and cheap and best web hosting provider.
Buying and selling domain names is one of the best online businesses. Without getting too much attention into it here, this type of business is very profitable.
When you are going tomove or transfer domain to another GoDaddy accountand sell a domain that is bought from GoDaddy, instead of giving a domain secret to another party, you can simply migrate domain name to another GoDaddy domain account.
For that process, you all need to ask the buyer to create a GoDaddy account, and then you can transfer domain to GoDaddy.
If you looking to transfer or move domain name from one account to another with GoDaddy, then you’re at the right place to get started with this cheapest reseller hosting plans– it is the process of Account Change. In this article, you will get complete process to transfer enable transfer domain to another GoDaddy account.
Needed: If you have just continued Protected Registration and approved two-step verification on your account. Then you must have to wait 72 hours and need to cancel protected registration before transferring your domain GoDaddy to another GoDaddy account.
After completion of the following steps, the recipient will get an email with instructions to confirm the process.
- The recipient must confirm the domain name transfer within 10 days.
- A domain name must be in a working status to change accounts.
Steps you need to follow Transfer Domain to another GoDaddy Account
First, you have to log in to your GoDaddy account. Go to “Domain Management”.
Select the domain name which you want to migrate or transfer.
- This will open the domain settings page and below Additional Settings, click Transfer domain to another GoDaddy account.
- After that, the Begin Account Changewindow will appear
In that, you have to enter and re-enter the Email address of the recipient.
Fill the blank fields.
- First, you have to enter and re-enter the Email address of the recipient.
- If you know the recipient’s customer number, then select on I have the…and enter the account login information.
In Domain contact information, select one of the following:
Note: If you don’t know the new registrant’s login data, keep this field blank, and then click on Enter new details.
In contact information, select one of the following:
- Enter new details– Enter the contact details for the new registrant.
- Use details from the specified customer account– Use contact information from the account you entered.
- Do not change – Maintain the contact details that you currently assigned to the domain name that you are going to transfer.
Select”Keep the current nameservers for this domain” to maintain the current nameservers for the domain name.
Note: Any nameserver change will make a live site down; also the domain name loses custom DNS when it transfers to the new account.
- Click on Next.
- If you click on Enter new details, complete the following fields, and then click Next:
- Organization(Optional) – The organization with which the new registrant is affiliated.
- I certify that the specified organizational (Optional) – accept that the organization will be the legal registrant.
- First name and Last name– Enter the new registrant’s first and last name
- Address 1 and 2– Enter the new registrant’s street address
- Country– The country in which the new registrant lives
- City, State, Postal Code– The new registrant’s city, state, and ZIP code
- Phone– Phone number of new registrant’s
- Fax (Optional) – Enter the fax number
Now read the Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement. If you agree to the terms, select and click on I have read and agree to the Domain Name Change.
If you want to move your domain name throughout the 60-day time periods, reject the changes of the registrant and move your domain name before updating the organization, first name, or last name fields.
Otherwise, select I understand that, if I want to move or transfer this domain.
If you selected to the second option which says: “Use details from specified customer account”.
This will update the cheap website hosting and domain registration data using the new domain holder’s details.
On the next page, you have to approve and click “Next”.
This will save and update the changes that you have made. After that, if you go to your domain manager page, it will show you the status of a domain as “Changing accounts”.
Now, verify your email from GoDaddy and confirm or approve the domain transfer:
In this article, I have explained all the steps and processes “How to Transfer Domain ownership to another GoDaddy Account”.
Personally, I noticed that this feature is very useful for people who are into the business of buying and selling domains name and websites. When the process is over, you will get an email confirmation from GoDaddy.